From:
brooke nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:25:01 -0500
Hi,fellow ferret lovers.  Got a question....is it just my experience or are
females more aggressive when they are young?  I had males for almost three
years before I got my first female.  We named her Kiwi because she was
small, fuzzy and bitter!!  She would latch on to a finger and not let go for
anything.  And God help you if you tried to catch her to put her back in the
cage!  We bought a new baby girl about three weeks ago and I don't think she
ever sleeps!  She constantly fights with the others and ends up in solitary
confinement at night.  I left her with Cody yesterday since he is the
dominant male and is good at putting the others in their place.  She bit him
on the top of his head and chewed on his ears!!

Cody had adrenal surgery a month ago but appears to have recovered almost
completely.  He even has about 90% of his hair back and is stronger than
ever!  I figure Dizzi (the baby) must have attacked him when he was in one
of his famous "dead sleeps", otherwise, she would be covered with ouchies
instead of him!

Has anyone else encountered these problems with females?  Also, if anyone
lives in NW Florida I'd love to hear from you.  I miss all my ferret buddies
in Dallas.  Thanks for letting me babble Brooke

"Hi,everyone" (Cody, Indy, Kiwi, & Dizzy and Wishbone the dachshund(?) who
thinks he's a ferret)