From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:23:18 -0700
Hello everyone....
I have a complaint/question for you..

About 3 weeks ago I bought Marshall Furo-Tone 16 ounces from
www.theferretstore.com.  I normally order from this store and haven't
had ANY problems.  Well, when I received the Furo-Tone I noticed that it
had a different front cover.  I checked to make sure it was the same brand
as my other one..and it was.  Well, my other one finally ran out the other
night and I opened the new one.  Well, the ferrets don't want anything to
do with it.  I have tried it with all 9 of them.  They all loved the other
one...but turn their noses to the new bottle.  I started to look at the
ingredients and noticed some BIG changes in it.  Also, Shawn says it
smells "fishy".  I just know it smells bad..not like the old one.

Here are the ingredients:

New                                 Old
Oleic Acid         2000 mg          Oleic Acid           1400   mg
Linoleic Acid       900 mg          Limoleic Acid         990   mg
Linolenic Acid      350 mg          Linolenic Acid          1.5 mg
Palmitoleic Acid     40 mg          Palmitoleic Acid     2150   mg
Choline             2.4 mg          Choline                 2.4 mg
Inositol            2.4 mg          Inostol                 2.4 mg
Vitamin B6          0.3 mg          Vitamin B6              0.3 mg
Vitamin A         931   IU          Vitamin A             931   IU
Vitamin D3         93   IU          Vitamin D3             93   IU
Vitamin E          13   IU          Vitamin E              13   IU
Biotin             13   mcg         Biotin                 13   mcg
Zinc Sulfate        0.7 mg

My questions are
1.  Why would they change the dosages of something that already worked?
2.  Is anyone else having a problem with this new one?

I am going to be calling The Ferret Store today.  Marshall Farms Products
have a guarentee and states that they have been "ferret tested and
approved"....well...they should have tested it on mine!

I would like any feedback that you have with this "new" product...thanks.

Joanne

[P.S.]
Update...I just called The Ferret Store...yes, Marshall has changed the
recipe for the Furo-Tone.  They no longer have the old ones.  The Ferret
Store is going to try to post something letting people know that this is
a new recipe.

They are sending me 8 &1 Ferret-Tone.  Hopefully it will work out better
then the one that I have now.....maybe my dogs or cat will like the
Marshall one ?  :-)