From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:18:59 -0800
>From:    Moxie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: what happened to ferret with ethical dilemna?
>
>I may have missed it, but I didn't see a follow-up from the person who
>found a ferret and got attached to him and didn't want to give him back
>to his rightful owner because she questioned the care the ferret had
>been getting.  What happened?  Moxie and Chance

that was me...

a recap:

he was found by a woman who called me [i had previously lost fuzzies
and placed lost ads in the paper--all my fuzzies had been found, due to
absolute LUCK (and no small effort on the part of myself and chris)--but
the woman who found him still had old papers] and asked if he was perhaps
mine.  i said, no all mine have been found, but i can take him in if need
be, since she didn't have a setup for him.  i did so.

i called every vet's office, pet store, and shelter inthe area to find out
if any lost reports had been made--nothing.  i also placed an ad in one of
the local papers--my mistake, it seems.

i heard nothing for ten days, and meanwhile determined that the fuzzy
was probably going to be a permanent part of the family.  i also fell
in loooove... when i did hear, the man who called sounded not at all
concerned about the welfare of the weezil.  i had little doubt he was the
original owner, but i had great doubt that he cared for the creature at
all.  i told his i would call him back (it was a very hectic night, my
newly homeless close friend was moving into my living room, and i didnt'
have all my wits about me).

after much advice from many people, and lots of consultation, it was
determined that i should make him jump through at least a few hoops to
prove he wanted the weezil back.  i..  er... lost his number (it just
*fell* in the bunny cage!  really!) and never heard back from him again.

Tannis is doing well, and is turning into quite the handsome weezil.  he's
somewhere around 2.5-3 pounds, 7-10 months old, and an *absolutely* sweet,
kissy-faced little critter.  he can be a bit of a bully with the others
at times, but that's just because he's more playful than they are--he's a
romper, and most of my others are pretty mellow.

pictures of him can be viewed here:
http://thryn.hedgegoth.com/weezils/abd

and here:
http://thryn.hedgegoth.com/weezils/abe

and here:
http://thryn.hedgegoth.com/weezils/abf

and last but not least, here (and yes, that is me, and yes, that is
my real hair.):
http://thryn.hedgegoth.com/weezils/abc

-kat (and the weezilarchy brigade)-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.