From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 18:46:54 -0400
Someone had mentioned cutting Ferretone with Olive Oil 50/50 solution.  I
do the same thing but use a little less olive oil .  Great way to stretch
the Ferretone and must be good for their hearts and skin.  I also put
some in their chicken gravy (olive oil when doing the broth- I use extra
virgin Carapelli, because I like the taste.)

I also have a ferret with insolinoma, Bear, who is 6 years old, he was
diagnosed and had surgery for it 3 years ago!  2 tumors on his pancreas
removed.  He has been on meds for awhile now and nothing seems to bring
up his blood count.  He is NOT a surgical candidate.  He has survived
this long, I believe, because he eats, eats, eats.  He is hand fed
chicken gravy 2x daily (high protein), plus he eats on his own a few
times a day.  Yes, he is a chubby boy, always has been big boned and big
all over, even the size of his head.  He's just a huge albino.  One day
very early this year, I neglected to give my ferrets chicken gravy,
figuring, what the heck, didn't feel like making it.  Wouldn't you know
it, Bear had his first seizure!  it scared the heck out of me and taught
me to NEVER skip a day of chicken gravy again !  He needs his protein and
that proved it to me!  so if you have a ferret with insolinoma you might
want to try giving them chicken gravy and of course whatever your vet
says to do first.  This is just MY opinion only.

Question?  Has anyone ?  a vet?  tried acupuncture on ferrets for pain or
treatment of anykind?  I know they treat cats and dogs because these pets
have been "mapped out" by the Chinese years ago.  What about ferts and if
not, why not?  Just curious and wondering.  Anyone with information on
this????

Eleanor Mead