From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 03:21:44 -0800
Stephanie -

    The fact that this problem has gone on for so long suggests that ECE may
not be the problem.  Make sure that your vet has ruled out parasties like
coccidia and Giardia - if it was ECE, your guys should be well over it by
now.

    I don't see any reason that they can't be put together.  If there is an
infectious agent at play here - they all ahve it, so separating them doesn't
accomplish anything.  I would continue to put them together for short
periods every day, and gradually lengthen the time.  This may help cut down
on the stress factor.  If anyone, Jake should be the most stressed out
here....(besides you).

    As far as getting rid of Jake, I'm not sure what that would accomplish.
If you want to do that, just to be on the safe side - find someone who
already has had ECE in their ferrets.

   I wish I could be of more help - but their are limits to computer
doctoring....

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP