From:
Rob Dejournett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:10:10 -0700
Just to followup on my post,

From Shron (who hopefully doesn't mind me sharing this info).

Proglycem:

"I get diazoxide (proglycem) from a compounding pharmacy called: Pet
Health Pharmacy 800-742-0516

It costs $36 (plus postage) for a 30ml bottle of 50mg/ml. My ferret
gets .2ml (10mg) twice a day and a bottle lasts about 2 months."

This will need a perscription obviously. I can't be certain but one
human form is soluble at this concentration. This may be the human form
just straight from the manufacturer.

From numerous people:

Carnivore Care: It can be indeed be obtained from the manufacturer,
cost is $35 for 1.5 kg (shipping rate is unknown). You will need to
provide your vet name and address.

I called and verified this info. At one point we were looking at over
$500 for a month of care, now thanks to you all it's more like $100
(and falling).

PS Please consider donating to the Hurricane Ike fund, via raffle or
what have you (as I did). I obtained one of our ferrets, Angel, from
Vicky, she's been absolutely wonderful and in perfect health (unlike
the pet store ferret who has insulinoma and adrenal disease. Maybe
coincidence, maybe not.

Thanks all.

Rob

Robert Dejournett, PhD,  Postdoctoral Fellow
Brain Tumor Center, Depts. of Neurosurgery and Neuro-Oncology
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center  Room S5.8136
1515 Holcombe, Box 1004  Houston, TX  77030  (713)834-6211

Blog: http://gibbie.powerblogs.com