From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:31:54 -0700
She had diarrhea, and was put on flagyl for 3 weeks for clastridium. It
was gone a few days, then she got clastridium again, and was put on
flagyl and amoxycillan for 3 weeks. After a week, her vulva got swollen
every time we gave her the flagyl (her fur is somewhat thinning) but
would go back down after a couple hours. Towards the end of the 3
weeks, some stuff would come out of her vulva. It didn't look like pus,
more like thick urine. If left also, it would harden, like a scab Its
kind of a yellowish color. She's been off the medicine for a week, now,
her vulva is is still a little swollen, and she still gets a little
leakage of whatever it is. When I clean her vulva off, it gets a little
more swollen, like its irritated, then goes back down. She doesn't have
a pot belly, and she hasn't lost any weight-in fact, she's gained 3
ounces in the last month, from 1lb8oz to 1lb11oz. She's not lethargic,
either. She just had some more diarreha. I would rather not put her on
flagyl agin, she hates the stuff! I'm not sure if its adreanal or not.
Could it be adrenal, or maybe a yeast infection? She is 4 1/2 years
old.

Sue