From:
Linda Prowse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:06:38 -0700
Hi all,

I have been owned by male ferrets for 5 years, but have only had my little
female, Shreddy, for 7 months.  Shreddy, Waddy and Casper have been together
with me for 7 months, and all are altered.

Over the past 2 days, both Waddy and Casper have been trying to mate with
Shreddy.  They are very aggressive jumping on her and biting her neck, and
they have never done this up until now.  They have their normal play all
the time, but nothing at all like this!

Shreddy screams when they they gang up on her, then she tries to run away.
Last night, I ended up putting Waddy and Casper in their cage (all 3
normally have free run of "their room") so Shreddy could have some peace.  I
have never experienced this with my ferrets before, and am not sure what's
going on.  Do altered female ferrets come into "false heat", then the males'
behaviour changes?  Can anyone offer some insight into why this is all of a
sudden happening?

Thanks so much.
Linda, Scamp, Shreddy Casper & Waddy

Linda Prowse