From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:22:35 +0300
Hello again, FMLers --

It appears that I must perform all of the tasks myself, and cannot
assign a representative to take over. I can, however, have friends
accompany me, both to participate and to act as a second party. It
is harder to intimidate two people than a single individual!

This likely disappointment means that either I run the complete
bureaucratic gauntlet, or I finally give up and lose the needed money.
Thank God I have the luxury of this choice, because I am not in a
nightmare situation like Nancy was. It's amazing how you withstood it,
Nancy -- and returned. As Renee indicated, you withstand it, if and as
you must.

The signs I see of social breakdown are real but, as I judge it, the
situation isn't near ignition. I give that a few more years. I was
talking with my (Ethiopian) doctor yesterday about it and, like other
knowledgeable observant people, he agrees that things are in serious
deterioration but that there is no immediate danger.

Different people in the US have different opinions about whether I
should simply flee or should accomplish the tasks that would improve
my next few years. At this point I am working on the latter while
simultaneously making the preparations that would allow me to simply
drop the effort and go.

In the first scenario, I'm targeting an April 15 - 30 timeframe.