Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:09:56 -0500
Hello all of my fellow ferret lovers..it's me once more with an update on
how Bandit is.  He went to the vets Thursday nite and my vet examined him
and told me he did not want to waste my money on a blood glucose test since
Bandit has had seizures since starting the prednisone and proglycem..It
seems the glucose is still not regulated and my vet increased his
prednisone to .75cc's twice a day and .25cc's of proglycem twice a day
and I must call him next week to let him know how he is doing on that..
Well yesterday when I went to give Bandit his meds I found him soaked in
urine and poop and smelled just gosh awful and he was in a seizure..It was
7:30am..  I had just woken up and was so upset that he had a seizure after
only five days of the increased meds..I called the vet and he told me to
give him some karo and to give him some with water once he was out of the
seizure..I wanted to know if anyone here on the list ever had a ferret with
insulinoma that could not be regulated using any medicine..It hurts my
heart everytime I see Bandit have another seizure..and my vet told me he
will do an ultrasound in a month to see how his pancreas is and adrenals(he
does not show any signs of adrenal disease)..My vet just wants to see whats
what..I am now so sick with worry that Bandit's glucose wont ever become
more regulated and hope that when I see the vet he might suggest surgery to
help ease Bandit from having yet another seuzire..Has anyone here on this
list ever had any success with surgery for insulinoma?  I understand there
is no cure for this disease but if surgery might help Bandit not have
seizures every week I would be happy..

I thank all of you for you love and support as always..My prayers are
with each and every ferret that is ill and for those who have crossed the
bridge..

Michele and Bandit thank you!!!

*~It's the soul afraid of dying..that never gets to live*~