From:
george wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 16:56:12 +1000
Michaela wrote
>Has anyone ever travelled across the U.S. in summer with their fuzzies
>withOUT air conditioning?  If you have and have any good ideas how to keep
>them from overheating, I'd really appreciate a reply ...

I haven't travelled across the US with my ferret but have spent some time
driving in the Australian summer with Birrie without air conditioning.

I made sure that she had plenty of water, stopping every hour to refill her
water. I also carried a spray bottle full of water and would spray her (and
myself) every 10 minutes or so. She liked this as it cooled her down. She
sat in the seat beside me in her cage so this made it very easy to spray her.

It was 40 degrees celcius heat (over 100 I think) and she went fine.  Hope
it helped.

Georgina and birrie.

[Moderator's note: For a great post concerning such matters I highly
recommend grabbing FML 1593 and reading Dayna Frazier's amazing post
entitled "Fuzzys Felled By Unexpected!".  Good reading, and appropriate,
since Dayna has been mentioned here recently.  BIG]