From:
Antoinette Lavern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:41:33 EDT
Hello all,

Well, yesterday was fuzzie grooming day.  I cleaned all 7 pairs of ears
and clipped all the toenails.  I thought all was great until I started
bathing everyone.

I usually use baby shampoo but got Mashell's ferret shampoo, cream rinse
and Spritz as a gift and thought I would try it out.

I washedFuji, my big silver mitt male in the marshells and all went well
until I started to dry him.  His skin turn blood red and looked like he
was bleeding!!!  I ran him back into the bathroom and washed him again
in baby shampoo and rinsed him throughly.  The redness went away!  So I
would not recommend this product for ferrets.

They should at least put a warning on the package to do a test stop
before washing the animal.  Poor little guy is exhausted after his bath.

So I finished the other 6 in my usual baby shampoo.  Everyone is clean,
sweet smelling and sleeping now.

Just thought I would pass this on.  I plan to e-mail Marshells and let
them know what happened.

Dooks,

Toni and the six pack fuzzie pack

PS I checked up on Fuji's skin and its a bit moist and does look like he
had a pretty good skin reaction.  If he doesn't improve by tomorrow we'll
be off to see the vet.  He doesn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable.
Poor guy.