From:
"Robert C. Chady" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 09:54:22 -0500
I am new to this list and as of yet do not own a ferret :(  I
recently moved to Michigan and the place I live in will allow any pet
except for a cat or dog....so I am trying to find a ferret.  Problem
is, with ferrets recently having been made legal (yay!) here, they
are very hard to come by.  I managed to find 1 pet store in Ann Arbor
that I would be willing to buy one from (I refuse to buy any pet from
a store that does not take exceptional care of their animals) but
they can not keep them in stock for more than a day, two at tops.  It
seems that they are in severely high demand around here.  I am
looking at driving all the way down to Toledo, OH this weekend in
hopes I can find a good place.  I was kinda saddened to see there was
no listing in the ferret web page about any place in Toledo.  I am
willing to drive almost anywhere around here if I can just find a
respectable place that has a decent selection.
Well, at any rate, hopefully I will soon be among the ranks of ferret
owners.  I have researched everything up and down and feel I am more
than ready to take care of one.  I am really looking forward to it :)
(If anyone knows of any places around the Michigan/Northern Ohio
area, I would be very interested in hearing from you)

-Robert, ferretless so far