From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shetler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:15:47 -0400
Dooks All!!

What is a vacation? <g>  Seriously, the first vacation I have gotten in
about 7 years or so was last year when I went down to Jamie & Missy's to
baby-sit their 17 + ferrets, skunk, and dog.  Trust me, WAS a vacation, I
was running 60+ at the shelter.

Hubby stayed home and took care of the kids.

Actually, it just isn't the food, water, litter that needs tended, it is
the play time, what happens if there is an incoming, or someone who wants
to adopt, and not to mention, most shelters are in a persons home, so you
have to have a major trust going on.  And the imposition you place on the
person caring for the shelter kids, not to mention your own.

To be able to take a true vacation, there is allot to consider, if a
shelter is running independently of the home, has regular volunteers or
employees, then a vacation is possible.

My dream vacation?  Easy, 5 days of no poop scooping, or litter boxes, and
a good book or two, and as long as I am dreaming, throw in a massage every
other day.

Hugs to all.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter