From:
Melissa Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 22:18:11 -0400
Good Day, All!!

Run-run!!!!  To your nearest LIFE magazine ~ specifically the 11/98 issue ~
page 46 has a 1/4 page paragraph on the Ferret Freedom Walk in San Diego!!!
There's also a photo of a ferret being walked on a harness & leash.

With permission from BIG, it reads:

                        FUGITIVES WITH FUR
Among the hot-button issues in California: affirmative action, bilingual
schools and...ferrets.  The Golden State, you see, bans the sinewy polecats
as pets (Hawaii is the only other state), but that hasn't stopped owners
from risking the $1,000 fine and year in prison.  Loyalists subscribe to
"Modern Ferret" magazine; extremists relocate critters risking seizure
through FUR (Ferret Underground Railroad).  Now a movement to turn San
Francisco into a ferret sanctuary is under way.  "The impact of cats and
dogs on the environment is far greater," says Jeanne Carley of Californians
for Ferret Legislation.  The facts are on our side." (author: Kristen
Philipkoski)

Congratulations to Modern Ferret, FUR & CFL for making it to the
big-leagues in their effort to free our fuzzies!!!

Lots of Happy Dooks to All,

Melissa,
proud mom to Dexter, Cocoa, MoJo & Dodger  >^v^<-,--------,'''''''