From:
pat andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:13:39 -0400
Sukie Crandall posted about suggestions for cleaning caked on ferret waste.
Not a fun job seeing as the stuff dries as hard as concrete w/ a bond like
super glue...but I know of some products that have worked better than
others...

The stand-by...a putty knife to scrape large amounts quickly...since Sukie
stated that the wood's well-being was not as important as getting rid of
the poopie.

There are numerous enzyme products that can apparently neutralize odors.
Unfortunately, any surface previously cleaned w/ other products may not
respond as well as one that was left alone.  I have experience w/ Outright
Pet Odor Eliminator.  When Tess was a puppy and had numerous accidents on
carpeting this really helped her keep her happy home by keeping my
sensitive nose appeased.  I couldn't even smell anything even after it
rained and my apartment was "moist".

A coworker swears by Natures Miracle, and Odor Zyme looks promising

You need to saturate the surface being treated and then lay absorbent
material over it.  Then, cover it w/ plastic and let it dry slowly.  Do not
rinse.  Above all, do not rush the process.

I'd steer away from the citrus and pine oil cleaners only because from my
experience that carpeting cleaned w/ them and not rinsed thoroughly
attracted dirt quickly.

Go to www.rcsteele.com or www.upco.com to order. I've dealt extensively w/
the first, and just recently put in my first order w/ the second because I
needed to get a Havahart trap for my wandering angel, Shiloh. If you've got
decent pet stores or feed stores near by, try visiting them to see if they
have any of these types of cleaners in stock.

Pat