From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:30:53 -0500
On 3/22/06 02:38, Margaret Merchant wrote:
>You said raisins are toxic.  Without any sources etc, And you stated
>it as a given.  It isn't.
>
>There is a huge chasm between will and can.  Huge.

Okay, yes very true statement.  When taken one step further; you can
slam your fist into a normal (normal vs shatter-proof) glass window.  It
can and will shatter, causing lacerations to you, if you do the natural
"knee-jerk" reaction of rapidly pulling it back thru.  Will it happen
100% of the time?  Unknown as I don't wish to do the physical research
to find out.  But if it's happened at least once, why risk it?

If we are warned the eye on the stove is hot, do we have to touch it to
qualify the statement?  Sure, go ahead knuckle-head!  <no personal attack
here, just a generic statement>

Along the same thought pattern, if someone with a knowledge base larger
than mine tells me something as simple as feeding too many raisins to my
ferrets can OR will cause renal failure WHY THE HECK would I even risk
it?  If you really want to play Russian Roulette do it to yourself and
not the innocent fur kids in our guardianship.

>> "The ASPCA write-up is old."

> "Oh, I am sorry.  Didn't realize information from 2004 was too old
> for you."

As with any information or research there is always dynamic status.
That's the nature of the beast and why additional reading is always a
must.

If you wish to flame me for my comments, do so to me personally, not on
this forum.  My email address is proudly listed in my headers.

Debbie