From:
James Rademaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:44:52 -0700
Will,

I had a similar situation with my wife. When I got my first ferret, a
male named "Stretch" she was against it. She told me the ferret had to
GO! It was either her or the Ferret! I sure miss the old girl. I've
always said, "I'll trade a used wife for a New ferret any day!" (Just
kidding)

You told her that you would promise to "...find him a good home." It
sounds to me like you have already found him the best home he could
possible have. Finding him another home may put him back in the
situation you rescued him from! My wife was against having a ferret
at first. Now, 20 yrs later we have 5, 3 are her special babies. Try
letting her watch him during playtime while he hops and bounces around
the room, this usually works. Try to get your wife to hold him while
she gives him FerretVite and watch his joy, this almost always works.
Let your wife spend some time alone with him, he'll work his own magic
and usually burrow into her heart.

Take your time in looking for a home for your ferret, and let your
ferret work on your wife. A ferret just naturally knows what to do
to win a heart.

WARNING! The Ferret General has determined that Ferrets can be
addicting!

Mike w/Levi, Preston, Shelby, Heidi and Ellie (and 1 used wife)