From:
alia granda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:36:10 -0900
Ok, we all know ferrets have to steal things.  They take and stash, and
then take some more.  Nothing new, that's old hat.  But one of my babies..
well, just listen to this.

His name is Manny, and he is a beautiful sable.  This boy can steal...he
can and will.  steal ANYTHING!!!  At first it was pretty normal, excessive
yes, but normal.  Shoes, robe belts, then robes, diapers, the phone,
whatever, it all went to their semi-hidey hole...the "clubhouse" if you
will, behind the T.V.

Then he started getting a little bolder..not only shoes, but boots, not
only robes, but big towels as well, not only a diaper, but the whole
package of 84 diapers...you get the picture.  I have a milk crate that I
keep the baby's diapers, and wipes, and blankets in, out in the living
room.  He tried to take the entire crate behind the T.V., the only thing
stopping him was that it wouldn't fit.  I have a fairly good sized throw
rug in the kitchen....I just pulled it out from behind the garbage
can.....my husband's big dayplanner was missing...oh my!  Can you guess
where we retrieved it from?

But the funny thing is...he doens't steal socks!  My bra...sure, that was
fair game, he even tried to pull hubby's Kevlar vest off the dining room
chair.  Thank goodness it was too heavy..but still!

What promted me to finally tell you all about this, is that as I sit here,
I am watching a big diaper bag being pulled over the side of our love seat
in an effort to get it behind the T.V.  A diaper bag!  Over the arm rest of
a couch!!  Where will it end?  I swear that if I didn't put the baby's car
seat back there to get it out of the way, he would have taken that too!

Just wanted to share my story of my little thief...do yours steal like this
too?

Lia and the ferrety five!  Louie, Arnold, Poncharelli, Loomis, and of
course, Manny