From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:23:45 -0700
Big, Big Boomers Lookout!

Some say to shield your Ferret Busshies in a central location or other
sealed room in the house this BOOM BOOM holiday of 4th July.

Reason: Detonations of high energy ariel blasts produce atomospheric
compactions of air. These compactions, or concussions, are concentrated
in energy as they travel down a narrowing tube, sort'a like an
elongated funnel.

So what?

Glad you asked...sort'a.

One simple explanation would be that the dual ear canals, which in the
Busshie, are uncommonly long and narrow with respect to the overall
size of the Busshie's head/body, can be compared to radar/sound
waveguides.

And, I ask again...So what?

Most of us veterans of the military know that waveguides guide waves;
that is sound/and RADAR waves, not those cute US Navy WAVES. A large
commercial firecracker produces a wide spectrum of very strong sound
waves. Certain frequencies of a huge BOOM will essentially resonate in
the proper sized and length wave guide, which for a slice of spectrum
frequencies finds a very comfortable home internal of the ear canals
of the unhappy Busshie.

Ahhh so desuka...(J) for, Oh, you don't say.

Hi!... (J) for, Yes.

Eardrum pain directly related to the BOOM energy will be felt and may
hurt like h*ll. But just for a moment or so, until the sound energy
is absorbed by the paper thin tympanic membrane that occludes the ear
canal.

Yeah, if that were the only nerve injury felt by the Busshie, then what
could be worse, I ask you?

Ah ha! I almost forgot. What about that 10 millimeter or so long slug
of solidified cerumen or ear wax that's sittin' in there and lubricated
over the extent of its periphery with the more liquified or, another
way of saying it, greased surface that coats the internal wall surfaces
encircling the cerumen plug (CP)?

The CP will react to the resonant energy frequency expending itself and
may, in all likelyhood, jam solidly up against the eardrum membrane,
possibly resulting in a puncture of the membrane, and if not that, will
likely maintain the membrane temporarily or permanently distorted
inward.

Wow. Talk about the Mother of all earaches.

As a machine gun turret operator on a B-24 Liberator Bomber, with my
head in between two fifty calibers, I experienced hearing loss after
combat that lasted several hours.

And I had no long plugs of ear wax to be slammed against my tender
Polish ear membranes. So you can just compare me to the little, tender
Busshie and what he must feel from some of the louder 4th of July
fireworks.

Just maybe, you should offer your precious One some protection during
these days;

that is, providing your two are not near the next jihadist car bomb.

Edward Lipinski

--
Frettchen Freude