Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:28:26 GMT
>From:    "Nancy J. Donnelly" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret hair loss
>Well, after about 4-5 weeks, Sam began growing his hair back, now has most
>of it back, and the rest of his fur is soft again.
>Anyone else ever run into this?

Hi Nancy,

I posted about this just recently on the FML-- I had a similar thing happen
with my ferret Amelia.  Right before Christmas I noticed hair loss on her
hindquarters.  My vet recommended an ultrasound, which revealed an enlarged
adrenal (the non-vena cava one, I'm dyslexic so I don't remember lefts and
rights very well ;).  Just a couple of weeks later now, she's grown back all
the lost hair, not quite as thickly as before but like a summer coat.  So,
in my experience, the hair can grow back but the adrenal gland still be
diseased.  If you haven't already done so, you probably want to get a vet's
opinion.  My thoughts are with you!

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round