From:
Mia and Patrick Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:08:35 -0800
Well folks
I had read about it happening to other people, being asked to leave a
workplace etc.., because somebody took offense to ferret odor.  So when
I signed up for the entrepreneur class for the disabled, (we are staring
a ferret product supply company to support the shelter) I went to extreme
lengths to make sure it didn't happen to me.  This involved donning
clothing fresh out of the drier every morning before class and not touching
my sweeties before I went to class.  This was a routine that caused my
husband to refer to me as being obsessive and silly.  Not so silly, he
discovered, when I called him yesterday and asked him to come a pick me up.

I arrived at class and for the first hour or so everything was fine.  Now
Dyan my buisiness coach arrived, took me off into a little room with some
woman at the center that I had never met.  They informed me that there had
been a complaint about the 'ferret stink' that was around me and started to
give me a lecture about proper hygene as if I was some stinking drug addict
fresh out of a ditch.  I managed to get out of the building before I burst
into tears.

I have never been so hurt or insulted in my life.  So a word of warning to
the wise, if somebody knows you have ferrets and has a problem with you,
they will say that you stink whether you do or not!

                   Still hurting,
                       Mia
--
Covenstead House Ferretry