From:
kimberly fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:41:12 -0800
I am way behind on my FML's.  So, sorry for the delay in responding.  I
know exactly what you are going through and I know as well as anyone else
from my own experience that these guys are so quick that they are not to
be trusted around any door that is not bolted.  It's just too risky.  I
have found that my dog can be quite helpful though.  Probably partially
due to her cocker nature but also due to the fact that I have practiced
with her to "Find the ferret".  She will find them wherever they are and
let me know by wagging her tail and whining.  SHE even out witted me one
day.  One of the ferrets turned up missing.  The only logical place was
the basement ( filled with boxes).  She sniffed one out with tail wagging
but I ignored her because I didn't hear any tell tale signs of a ferret
(scratching, etc.) nor did I find him in any of the nearby boxes.  I went
back to aimlessly looking about the house before I tried the basement
again and guess what?  There he was, sorting through a box as if to say:
"Thought I'd help you get some stuff organized mom." Hope this is helpful
to those of you that have dogs and fuzzbutts.  My dog Snapshot has helped
me out in many a lost fuzzy pinch.

Kim
Second Chance Rescue