From:
Diane Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:27:53 -0500
 ...is now complete.  She is here in WI, and here she will stay.  I wish
I could see more posts like the one I am about to write, but.......alas,
it doesn't work that way.  Once again, I got lucky.

I met Don in Delavan, and got handed what I expected to be an elderly
silver lady, just needing peace and quiet for her remaining years, but
I don't think that's going to be the case at all.....Jam is a healthy
bouncy not-so-little lady, curious, alert.....in other words, she's in
GREAT shape.....she may just fit in with my crew, and if she doesn't.....
well, I need an *office fert* anyway.......

With Jam, came food, litter, her stuffed *baby*, her favorite hammies....
and (are you ready for this???).....the original paperwork from the pet
store she was purchased at in 1998!  Also Mary Shefferman's book, An
Owner's Guide To The Ferret........and many pages of information Don had
printed out from the net.  This was not a rescue, but someone who was
looking to make the best of a tough situation......It's plain to see that
Jam had a good life where she was.....

I've said it before, I'll say it again: there ARE legitimate reasons for
re-homing your fuzzies.  Don and his wife are moving to Hawaii as part
of a necessary job re-location......and we all know that Hawaii is a
*no-ferret zone*.......something Don discovered when he started checking
quarantine laws.

Cathy S (Zoo), thank you for putting a kind word in for me......and thank
you, Don and Karen, for sending Jam my way.

Life is good.

Diane I.
WI