From:
Ronald Sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:17:09 -0400
To those of you that think that "it is only a commercial", please think
again.  If commercials did not mean anything, then the companies would
not use them.  For example (for those who grew up in the 50's & 60's)do
you remember this commercial:

    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ taste good like a (clap clap) cigarette should.

If you answered WINSTONS, then you remember the commercial.  It has been
over 30 years since this commercial, as well as other cigarette
commercials were banned from TV and Radio.

Commercials do have subliminal messages, with the ultimate message to get
the public to purchase the product.  But remember this: the overt message
(in the case of this Verizon Wireless advertisement) says that ferrets
are viscious little animals.  I sent a message to Verizon requesting that
they either remove the advertisement, or change the ending to show the
intelligent ferret dialing 911 to save the hooman-bean from his own
stupidity.

It is easy to criticize, yell and scream, but if possible, try to remain
calm and give some reasoning to why this commercial should be pulled, or
some alternative to improve the commercial and the image of ferrets.

Sorry for the sermon, only trying to help on this one with alternative
ideas.

P.S. Please remember me in your prayers.  It seems that I have some
unknown problem with the Liver, Gall Bladder, Pancreas, common duct
(which connects the three) or any combination of the four parts.  Next
test is a scope down the throat & up the duct.  After that, Biopsy.

Thank you.

Peace to all,
Rev.Ron Sims,D.D.