From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 12:05:46 -0400
It is not even 48 hours since I heard about Dr. Slack's death and I am
still reeling.  I feel the need to post to the ferret community.

Dr. Slack was a great ferret lover and a friend.  I knew her for over five
years.  She was the first vet I ever visited with my very first ferret,
Spike.  Spike underwent an adrenal last September and due to Dr. Slack's
great care came though very well, despite her age and frailty (Spike has
always been a thin little monster).  Dr. Slack also saw me through the
additions of Rascal and Pookey.  She always shared stories about her own
"crew" and other pets.  It was always a great pleasure to take the fuzzies
in for shots and check-ups.  I feel lost without her.

The entire DC area is morning her loss.  It will not be same here without
her.

Daphne
and especially
Spike