From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:23:25 -0700
When I make BC Chicken Gravy I like to freeze it by the pint in flat
style disposable containers. Then thaw one as needed and make small
ice cubes of it for feeding as supplement or to give pred. I have some
regular style but small cube trays that are coming apart after several
years of use. They are cheap promotional items and I can't find any
more. Each cube is about 2 teaspoons in size. Regular full size trays
have cubes of 2 tablespoons or 6 teaspoons and that is much more than
is needed for each ferret. However, Target to the rescue. In the
seasonal bins of cheap stuff as you enter the store, See. Spot dollar
and up are pink and red heart shaped ice cube trays of silicone, cost
is 2 sets of three for $5. Each cube holds 2 teaspoons, 14 per tray,
just the perfect size. I found it helps to place them on some kind of a
tray to put them in the freezer, cover with plastic or a bag. Then when
frozen bring out for a minute or two to help them pop out. I had to
push each cell on the back to release it. Then put them in a zip bag
and keep in the freezer ready for use. Unfortunately the cute heart
shape is lost when thawed but the ferrets know I love them anyway.

Carol J.Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ