Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:01:51 -0700
So many wee ones have passed on in recent days.  My heart aches for each
one of you.  I did notice that in some cases the passing was a peaceful
one.  In other words, no intervention with a veterinarian was necessary.
How nice.  I wish that for each and every one of yours, and mine.  I
would like to ask those of you that have had multiple ferrets for a time,
what has been your experience.  Have most passed peacefully on their own,
or have you had to help more often than not.  I've not seen this subject
discussed, and perhaps this is not a good time to bring it up.  I am
sorry if it is painful for you.  I just don't know when would be a GOOD
time.  I also see that some of you have made it a point to let the
remaining ferrets say their *goodbyes* after the death of a little one.
Have you always done this?  If not, but now do, do you honestly feel it
helped the remaining ferret.  In all cases/some cases?  This is something
I've never done, but a recent experience with a surviving cat leads me to
examine other ideas.  All thoughts appreciated.

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]