Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 14:37:12 -0300
Just glancing through our local newspaper, I had read an article that there
has been a reported case of raccoon rabies in Calais Maine.  No cases have
been reported as of yet here in New Brunswick.  Apparently the Public
Health Officials have been monitoring the movement of raccoon rabies as it
has progresses on up through the US Eastern Seaboard.

The article of course winds down in stressing the importance in taking the
necessary steps to avoid any potential contact with rabies, and that we pet
owners should ensure our cats, dogs and "FERRETS" are vaccinated against
rabies.

I was surprised to see FERRETS listed in as a family pet.  Our
Epidemiology/Public Health Depts.  must realize that ferrets are becoming
more and more popular as pets :o)

Gave Amber-Lynn her first bath yesterday.  I really thought that she would
love the water.  WRONG!!  George Thorogood's crawling through 900 miles of
barbed wire has nothing on me :o) <ggg>

Jadesun, Dai Mai n' Amber-Lynn
terribly missing Jade Elaine :o(
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jadesun