From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:44:18 -0400
To Ron Knipple I guess I should have added that the vets here gave
Benedryll pretreatment 30 minutes before the shot, I thought it was
standard practice.  Snickers had a reaction right away Bubba didn't.  The
vets here are not in one store all day.  They have 3 stores they go to
every 3rd Saturday of the month, and are there for only 3 hrs each.  I also
thought this was standard practice.  All of my ferrets had distemper shots
last year with no problems, at our regular vets, also pretreated with
benedryll.  After Bubbas horrible reaction I won't ever do a distemper at
Petco I take a chance.  Both babies had to have 2 shots of Benedryll to
calm them down.  At least if my regular vet does it I know she will be open
all day, and in one place.  If you want to check the archives you can read
my account of both Snicker's and Bubba's trip to Pecto for vaccinations.
MOST reactions happen in 30 minutes but some can take longer.  I only told
you what happened to me.  I will not do distemper at Petco, but if you feel
safe I am happy for you and wish you ferret kisses all day.

Lydia and the crew
Snickers, Casper, Bubba, Smokey, Trooper, Sassy
Missing Mr. Snowman. Isis, and Ossi
http://www.HLRConnect.com/ferrets/