From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:15:00 PDT
Hello Troy and the FML,
Sorry we could not correspond under better circumstances.  At this point
this is the protocol I am using. .5 Pred 2x a day, .25 pepsid Ac 2x a day,
.2 Immodium AD 2x a day, (we were using childrens kaopectate but did not
get any results), Chena was also getting Clavamox 2x a day but we just took
him off.  Since Chena has not eaten on his own for the past 4 weeks, I
had been feeding him and watering him.  We were using duck soup but he
continued to lose weight rapidly.  I am now mixing boiled chicken breast
and boiled rice in the blender and adding just enough water to make a thick
soup.  He laps it up greedily.  In addition to the 105 cc of lactated
ringers I give him daily, starting at about 6 am and continuing every hour
till noon I alternate 24 cc of the chicken and rice 1 hour and then the
newt 24 cc of water.  At 2 pm I start the cycle all over again till about
11pm and the he gets his last dose of sub q for the day.  I get up a 3am to
dose with water 24cc then start all over again at 6am.  I will admit to
missing a dose or 2 in the evening but from 6an to 6pm every day it is like
clockwork.  He is still wasting away.  His body is not absorbing enough of
the nutrients that he is eating.  I just don't think that he is going to
pull through.  He is not fighting off the diarhea and not getting better.
Every day he is a little worse.  I added a hot water bottle to help him
stay warm in the hopes that it will bring down his heart rate.  We will
have to wait and see.  Any and all prayers would be deeply appreciated.