From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:24:55 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick or angeled soda slurpers...

Christopher A. Frick wrote:
>I've been able to give Chopper (Betty's brother) pills in the past and
>want to know if the whole thing with crushing the pills is to get it
>down, or does it need to be broken down for it to absorb better?

Actually, you can get prediapred (prednisone without the alcohol) for your
ferret.  Your vet can recommend the dosage and the pharmacist can provide
you with a special syringe and cap on the bottle, to help administer the
dose.  To give it to my ferret (Ziggy), I scruff him gently and lay him
on his back (on my arm), then put the syringe in the very back of his jaw,
then slowly inject it through his teeth.  He takes it this way with no
problem and it only takes a few seconds.  I then immediately give him a
treat, so that he associates taking the meds with the snack and doesn't
fight it! :)  It not only absorbs better as a liquid, but it absorbs
faster.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns, missing Smokey, Misti-Ferret and
Silver-Dude

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/