From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 20:29:10 +0300
Today we did get rid of the Bad Car-Guys. Fasika was was a spectacle.
E.g., when counting the money I was returning to him, he began tucking
it under his crotch to separate the counted from uncounted bills. We
convinced him to put it in a bank envelope instead. There were a lot of
bills -- the currency's constantly being devalued against the dollar.

When all counting was done, but no papers signed, he grabbed the money
up and began stuffing it into his socks! I caught his hand and said he
had to wait till the papers were signed. He thought that was very
funny.

After all counting was done, he abandoned his share of the signed
papers, hid all the cash in his socks, and said he was off to buy some
goats with the money and that it was going to be a great investment.

He is a big, clean-cut athletic-looking guy, in his early 30's, I
think, Today he came alone. Yesterday his compatriots showed up in
force and they all stood around with their arms crossed, looking grim.
There were four of them, three of whom are big and/or muscular. Fasika
and Fekadu were dressed like gangsters -- well, mostly Fasika, who was
in a formal black shirt, pants, and shoes. I greeted them like old
friends. What could they do, remain all stiff and surly out in the
law-school parking lot? Maru (the lawyer) was also unfazed, and had
been smiling sweetly, talking with them as Abrahame and I came up.

Today Fasika arrived, 2 hours late, in semi-athletic garb, well after
Maru had had to go back to teach a class. But Maru'd drawn up the
sales-cancellation agreements by hand while we waited.

Look here for photos if you can't see them below:
<http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/celebrateoften/library/Canceling%20car%20sale%20contract?sort=2&page=1>

Photoshop's a bit of a trial -- you'll have to click ea photo or view
them as a slideshow to see complete images.