"First annewilli:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:17:38 -0600
Okay... help!  I need words of wisdom from ye older, wiser ferret gurus.  I
am mom to 3 beautiful fuzzies.  Tas is 7, Miesa is 3 and Joe is 11 months
or so.  I'm thinking about adding another kid to the fray.  I've been
waffling for a while.  I lost a baby to insulinoma right before Joe came to
me.  I was pretty sure three was my limit while I dealt with the end stages
of that.  I think Joe's needing a little friend though.  Taz the Princess
sleeps most of the day now.  Miesa will play with him for a little while,
but she generally has an agenda or is sleeping.  I, of course, get down and
dance and play too, but he's doing the flat ferret more and more.  He's
awake a lot longer than the girls and is bored.  He's also started trying
to get Taz to play.  Not a wise choice.  He's either going to hurt her by
sheer mass, or she's going to beat the snot out of him one morning.  (She
has a very low tolerance level for the minions.)

What is critical mass?  Is there a marked change from three to four?  Will
I then get another one to play with the new kid and then another to play
with that new kid, ad infinitum?  That's how I went from one to three!

Also, all of the kids were babies when they came.  I've never tried
introducing a grown fuzzie into the mix.  My girls are fairly territorial.
What is the success rate for introducing full size/ mature ferrets into an
established house, as opposed to a kit?

Help!!!

Wessi
(Tas, Miesa, & Joe)