From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:29:11 -0500
Ferrets are a blast to own.  I love to watch them play.  They are also a
lot of work.  You have to keep their cage and litter pan clean, bath them
and let them have at least 2 hours of play time a day out of their cage.
It doesn't have to be at one time.  It is probably better if it isn't.  I
wouldn't give up my fuzzies for nothing.

Have you tried to adopt one from a shelter in you area.  You can possible
find one listed in your area if you go to www.ferretcenter.com.  This a
cheaper way to go and the ferret will already be trained some depending on
the age.  A year or two old one is good for someone's first time.

Remember not to forget its shots.  Ferrets need both a rabies and distemper
shots.  Most shelter ferrets are current on their shots, but it is important
to try to get its medical records.  Some say distemper shot are not
necessary, but they are wrong.  Distemper is an air born virus that is
always fatal to a ferret.  Always keep the rabie tag or information handy
when you have it out with you in case it would bite someone.

I wish you good luck with your ferret hunt.  If I can be of any other help,
just write.

Phyllis and the four Wigglies, Faith, Hope, Charrity, and Charlie Brown