From:
Bailey Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:22:21 -0700
As I read the last several issues of the FML, I thought it was a real
shame the USDA couldn't read about how many ferrets are in the overfilled
shelters all across this country and Canada, as well.  And read how high
the vet bills are for those many shelters and how many other ferrets are
waiting on additional funds so they can have surgery or medicines or
implants.  Or how delighted some shelters are that they can now afford
more food and litter due to an unexpected windfall.

A real shame they weren't reading and living the rescue stories like we
are.  A shame too that many people will never realize how much of this
could be prevented if those big farms were regulated to the ferret's
benefit.

And a shame that so many others, like me, have way too many ferrets that
they personally rescued and will have to wait to get another paycheck
before we can send a measly $25-30 for the FML 5000th because the ferrets
needed melatonin implants again.

And a CRYING shame that each and every one of us knows of yet another
ferret (or 4, or 6) waiting to be rescued.  And still others believe
that the current regulations are good enough.

And a shame that ferret farms continue to prosper while the ferrets they
produce suffer and die.

My letter will go out on Tuesday and my contribution to the FML 5000th
is forthcoming.  I am proud to be associated with the wonderful people
on this list!

Bailey and the Dallas Weezababies