From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 19:58:04 -0700
I have heard several stories over the years how pets knock over rifles and
shotguns, causing them to discharge.  It seems that dogs are the biggest
offenders.  I regularly leave one of my weapons (cal .38 pistol in a Bianca
holster) on my dresser.  Since I'm single and have no kids, to me it's no
big deal.  One of my fuzzies has figured out how to get up there.  I walked
into my bedroom, and he was dragging the gun across the dresser!  The first
thing to come out of my mouth was "OH POOP!!!" (O.K., so it wasn't "pooped,"
but BIG won't let me say "&%#*" here).  I doubt that he could have caused it
to discharge.  I also doubted he could get up on the dresser.  I now keep
the both weapons in a drawer.

I have no intention of starting a gun debate here.  I just wanted to share a
lesson learned.

Me ("Why you little &%#*!!!")
Him ("But Dad, I was only going to put it away for you.")