From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:01:43 EDT
On Sunday a woman came in to the Petsmart where I work, she found a
ferret scratching at her door.  She went to a Petco and they told her
to bring it to me.  The little female ferret was just so shy and timid,
skinny, weak and matted.  Her nails were long and I noticed her ears were
discolored and her nose was raw.

I clipped her nails and set her up in a large carrier with food/ water
til I could go home.  On arriving home I want to check her out a little
closer but not wanting to realy mess with her because she seemed so
afraid.  Upon putting her down I noticed she wouldn't walk, not
paralized, just didn't want to.  she would crawl around a bit then lay
down again.  I didn't mess with hr again, just made her comfortable and
waited til morning to bring her to see Dr. Kolmstetter.

I got a call Monday midday from Dr. K, she was taking care of the ferrets
I dropped off to her that am.  She told me about Mellow, the little lost
girl.  Her inside mouth is all bruised, her entire body is black and
blue, and in a few places her skin seems split.  She is very sore and
weak.  I'm going to be hand feeding her as her mouth hurts to much to eat
hard food, she will gets lots of TLC and healing.

My question what could have caused so much brusing but not any internal
injuries that we have detected yet?  It looks like she was kicked around,
but who knows.

There are a few pics of her on our website, they don't even begin to show
you just how awful the brusing looks.  t made me sick when I saw it.

Keep Mellow in your thoughts as she has a long recovery road ahead.
Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
http://geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/index.htm