From:
Wendell Joost <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1992 13:13:21 -0400
|Steve Tietze
|2.  What type of food can I feed them?  I use science diet (in the blue bag)
|  can i feed them cat food the meat kind?  Or what have u guys found that they
|like the best?

We have found that Ferrets are like 3 year olds in their food
preferences and the food
that they like may not be what is good for them.  We feed ours Purina
Ferret Chow.
As a treat they get raisins (they all stand up for raisins, and Little
Guy will jump, from
a standing position, about three inches to get a raisin) and a homemade
mixture which
emulates Ferretone.  We mix Olive oil, molasses and lecithin in roughly
equal proportions,
and refrigerate it.  Shake the bottle before giving them a few drops.

|John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
| [stuff removed]
|Does anyone have any alternative litter suggestions?

We have a piece of wire screen (1/4 inch squares) which covers the pan,
providing about a 1/2 inch space below for "liquids" to accumulate.
When our ferrets use the pan, the solids rest on top of the screen and
the liquids pool below.  Thus no "litter problems" with litter being
strewn about, bald tail, etc.