Date:
Sun, 30 May 2010 14:07:44 -0700
Sorry-- seems my website address was messed up-- let's try this again

Subject: Please add to daily bookmarks/favorites ( thank you Julie)

Friends & Family, I realize that I have sent you many requests for
helping our shelter. I'm not asking for you to donate items or money
(at this time). I'm just asking for you to please add these websites
to your regular bookmarks toolbar menu and click on these websites once
a day. Thank you!

Wind & Willows Ferret Rescue -- Fallon, Nevada Founded By: Lisa Watson
in 2006

Mission (posted on Facebook): "Our mission... to provide a safe, warm
and loving place for unwanted, abused or neglected ferrets while
attempting to educate current and prospective ferret owners on the
proper care, feeding and needs of these very special souls."

Adoption Thoughts: "Some of my "special needs ferrets" would be
adoptable in the perfect situation if someone wanted a bonded group or
was prepared for surgery costs... it just doesn't happen that way and
nearly all of the ferrets have been with us at least a year or more
now-- hate to bounce them around... general rule is health issues,
abused , neglected ferrets stay for life and if they haven't been
adopted in 1 or 2 years-- they become residents.. (there are always
exceptions and I have several perfect adoptive homes that have taken
my special kids before and will probably take more again someday)
currently, I think 75% of my kids are over 5 years old-- so hard to
place."

Current Number of Ferrets: 37
Current Number of sick/injured/hospice or resident ferrets: 35
Website: http://www.freewebs.com/fallonferts
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

2010 Reader's Choice Award: "Thousands of dollars for your favorite
non-profit pet organization! All the proceeds from the 10th Annual Art
Paws & Bark Fest, Sun July 18, 2010, at McKinley Arts & Cultural
Center, Reno, NV, will be awarded locally. Limit to one vote per
person, per day. Every pet counts, every vote counts!"
http://petfoliomagazine.com/

Shelter Challenge: The Animal Rescue Site together & Petfinder are
hosting a Shelter Challenge for $100,000. Voting began on May 17, 2010
and will end on August 22, 2010. Only the #1 voted for shelter in each
state & Washington D.C. get the $1,000 grant. You can help by voting at
<http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3>

"Grand Prize: One $10,000 grant! / Second Prize: One $7,000 grant! /
Third Prize: One $5,000 grant!
Most Touching Story Prize -- May/June/July/August: One $2,000 grant!
(One $2,000 grand per month)

State Winners*: Fifty-one $1,000 state grants (50 U.S. states and
Washington D.C.) Weekly Winners* Fourteen $1,000 grants will be
awarded, one for each week of the Shelter+ Challenge" -- ARS Website

Thank you for your continued support of Wind & Willows Ferret Rescue!!!

Please feel free to send this to your friends, family members,
co-workers, to cross-post and forward on to others.