From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:27:52 -0400
Mister is a 7+ year old hob with insulinoma.  He is on .5cc Pediapred twice
a day.

When he came to the shelter a few weeks ago, he was prone to seizures, had
little control over his hindquarters, and had loose seedy light colored
poop.  With the Pred and a special insulinoma duck soup recipe, he improved
considerably.  He became much more active, no longer had seizures, and his
poops became firmer and darker.

In the last week or so, he has become more lethargic again.  This weekend,
he started losing bowel and bladder control, and having accidents in bed.

Sunday morning, he had a very strange poop: mucousy and tinged with pinkish
orangey color.  I was willing to pass if off as a fluke, since subsequent
poops were more normal.  This morning again he did the same thing.  I wonder
if the color if from undigested blood that entered the system late in the
process.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on and suggestions on what to do?
The vet is not very ferret knowledgeable, and generally we tell him what we
think is going on and should be done!

Linda Iroff