From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:02:44 -0600
There is a local pet store (Fish Bowl, 132nd and Center, Omaha, NE) that is
closing as of December 31st that has two (2) MF ferrets approximately 8
months old that are being housed in TERRIBLE conditions.  My 8 year old
daughter was so upset she just wanted to leave.  They are in a 55 gallon
aquarium with pine shavings (I believe) with no actual litter box in the
front window of the store in the direct sunlight.  They had placed a towel
over part of the aq.  which is also cutting of the air flow.  They are
asking $99 each with a 20% discount.  I cannot take anymore as I have 3 plus
many other animals.  I hope someone will be able to give these guys a good
home.  Thanks for listening - I've read other articles about these
situations but it really hit home to actually see it.

Patti J. Karl
Secretary, Dept. of Chemistry
280-2813