From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:50:15 -0800
Troy Lynn's story of the new addition had me laughing myself silly.

The day we got Rootie (the beagle), we had Slinky (the ferret) with us to
make sure they would at least tolerate each other.  Well, we all went to
PetSmart after the adoption to get doggie supplies.  BIG mistake!

So here was the hyper new dog running around the aisles with Sean holding
his leash, and me holding Slinky on his leash (he's actually a decent
walker) & pushing the cart.  We were causing much chaos because everyone
wanted to see the "weird-looking thing" that I was walking ("Oh, my gosh,
honey, I think it's a FERRET!"), and both animals wanted to sniff
EVERYTHING!

Well, there was a nice young lady at a Swiffer display, trying to
demonstrate and sell her product.  So here comes Slinky ("Wow, Mom, it's
linoleum!") to check it out.  When he's on linoleum, he likes to rub his
belly on it (like a slip-&-slide).  So guess what happened?  No more dust
and dirt for the Swiffer lady.  We offered to buy one from her, since she
was being so nice & patient with Slinky.  But in the melee', we forgot it
on the way to the register.

Incidentally, Slinky also decided to take a major crap and pee while in the
cart.  That was fun to clean up.  :-(

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

"And when they sing wind-songs, they whisper to us, don't miss me too much.
The view is nice and I'm doing just fine." - Ashley