From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:20:08 -0500
>We just found out that one of our kids is very sick.  Fidget is about 4
>years old.  She is the sweetest little silver ferret.  From what the Docs
>tell us she has "complicated lymphoma".  Aparently she has elevated
>glucose, enlarge lymphnodes, and they said that the lymphoma has probalbly
>spread to her liver.  Aparently their prescribed treatment is to put her
>on prednisone (and various other stuff).  Fidget is not the greatest
>surgical candidate because of how tiny she is.  They are not saying that
>this will cure her but will prolong her life.

Diabetes is rare in ferrets but it happens.  In my other post just sent
out to the FML I have put a number of resources but get to
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html and

Meanwhile, lympho can be guessed but NOT diagnosed without a biopsy.
Might be it, of course.  Enlarged nodes can also at times be from a
systemic infection.

We just this week got some perfect 8 in 1 Ultimate (not the other which
really isn't a good food).  Your problem could be improper storage
somewhere.  Contact both Walmart and 8 in 1.

>KITTEN CHICKEN & RICE, second ingredient is Chicken by Product Meal
>(chicken by-products are what's left over from human grade foods,
>feathers, feet, fur, guts, etc.  and not nutritious at all (not good) and
>the third ingredient is rice flour which really is not that nutritious.

Harriet: I am afraid that difinition is NOT right, and that ingredient is
not that bad.  Don't have time to search it out but in the FHL back-posts
(Use the search engine.) you'll find a post that goes into what such
terms actually include.  I think that it also is in the FML archives as
a cross-post of a post by Tom Willard whose doctorate is in that topic.
Thanks for pointing out that the ingredients differ, though.  Any idea why
PV changed their farm food from the old type we used to get from them?