From:
"M. Ashley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:38:39 +0930
Hi all from Down Under (South Australia), Funny you mention that Juan,
about a month ago we had a special do here in SA called the Saint Kilda
Cup.  There are 5 racing lanes and all the kids and adults come from all
over to take part and give their ferrets a run!  It's a great day and fun
to watch the fuzzies go through the tubes.  Their owners histerically
calling them from 5.5 meters away.  Some decide to stop and smell the
roses, others get to it and some fall asleep in the starting box.  LOL.

Quite a cute and wonderful day where all fuzzie owners alike can come
together and have some fun.  What has this got to do with Tame and Obedient
Fuz Buts?  Out of at least 30-40 ferts I didn't see any making a dash for
the nearby beach, or bite anyone!  These kids would just grab their ferts
when they got out to the end of the tube, push them up high into the air
and Yell at the top of their lungs "Saint Kilda" Honestly the ferts just
hung up there in the kids hands enjoying the view untill they were embraced
by their owners for a big long hug!  You think you're ferret is laid back,
you should see what there like in oz.  Amazing.  I read all these stories
about bad biting and do wonder if the breeds are different in the US than
in Oz.  I've been told by a few breeders that bite training can be
difficult but is not impossible.

I'm preparing for 2 fuzz but's in Late November.  I have a cage with proper
soft flooring that is washable, I have shipped over $100 US worth of toys
and gear from The Ferret Store, I have food and water bowls and bottles,
have I missed anything?  Could anyone give me advice on a First Aid Kit
for ferts in emergencies?  Any techniques or advice on bite training would
certainly be helpful.  I can't buy ferretone her in OZ or proper ferret
food, I can get IAMS kitten food and have been told I could also cook up
some dishes for the ferts for variety.  But treats?  What can I use for
bribery that isn't ferretone?

Take care all and hugs to your fuzzies - Monique.