From:
Marta -Cricket-Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:43:45 +0000
Hi, this is Marta,
I normally try not to get involved in dissagreements here on the digest
for two reasons.  1) I rarely feel like I know enough to comment, and
2) It makes me uncomfortable.  However, I would like to say this about
the symposium.

I was only able to attend the Sat. night reception, but I met some
wonderful people who were bright, funny and interesting to talk to.
Danielle Frye and her husband were some of these people.  She may have
introduced herself as the "bitch of the FML" but we all know how that
works too.....The kids I teach at school know me as the "crazy art
teacher" even though they know I'm not crazy, only alittle different,
which I keep trying to teach them is ok (why do kids think they have to
follow a norm?) Danielle was being funny, and I laughed..then discovered
that she was nothing of the sort.  I truly enjoyed my evening chatting
with other ferret people from this digest and it saddens me that only a
month after the event people are bickering, and they have decided not to
post here.  I feel that loosing voices here only hinders this wonderful
form of communication.  (Ok, I'll get off my soap box)

As for PRINTED TIES....Our company presses our shirts with a professional
heat press.  I've discovered it will press a lot more things than just
t-shirts.  I don't know how many of you say me at the sat.  evening
digest reception, (black pants, white sweater, long blonde hair) but I
was wearing one of my shirts that I was actually able to press on a tight
weaved sweater.  (I got lucky)....but if any of you would like a picture
of your baby pressed on a canvas bag, or a tie...or one of my designs,
you can contact me here for more questions or you can e-mail us from our
website.

http://www.miners-peak.com
I can be pretty accomodating.
take care,
"that crazy art teacher/ferret lady
Marta

[Moderator's note: Judy's note was meant to be humorous and was posted in
that vein.  Sorry if it offended some people anyhow -- I didn't feel it
extended the bickering.  (Though Judy did ask the legitimate question:
"How did I get involved?"  I still don't know the answer to that one
either.)  BIG]