From:
Michaela Maurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:19:10 -0700
Hi everyone,
It's been quite some time since I posted.  It's been a hard year.  I've
lost 4/5 of my fuzzies and my 'first', Bugsy only recently passed away
-quite gently thank god.  He had heart disease and had been fighting to
stay alive longer than anyone ever imagined.  He passed gently and while I
was with him.  He was the most beautiful sable.  Everyone used to ask what
was different about him - he didn't look like other sables.  He was my
first and I can't remember my life before him.  I really can't.  He taught
me about the world of ferrets and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be
where I am now - in vet school.  He was a gentle, mama's boy, and a
constant in my life that I miss terribly.  All my babies were but Bugsy
was special.  He and I had a connection - There is no question as to why
he passed the day he passed.  He waited till a certain event in my life had
been dealt with - I even came home the night before and gave him permission
to leave.  I never expected he would hold on as long as he did - even I
wondered how he was still alive.  But I am convinced these critters are
little pieces of god.  They are true angels.

Well, I'm writing because I will be travelling shortly, with my girl,
Mighty Mouse, to Toronto from Columbus (through NY state) and I need to
know two things.  The first was for anyone who knows of any good ferret
vets in the Toronto area.  I will be near Bathurst and Lawrence (midtown).
And, if you know of any emergency clinics in the area that work with
ferrets, I'd be very appreciative.  I will have a car so even if the vets
are not close to midtown, but are considered very good, I'd love their
names.

My second question was about the issues of legality of ferrets in NY.  I
haven't been able to read the FML in many months.  What is the current
status of ferrets in NY and is this the whole state or only New York
City?  I am not sure of the exact route I will be driving but I gather
the quickest way is through Buffalo.  Maybe the number of a ferret vet in
that area too might be a good idea.  Just to be on the ultracautious side.

Well, I just want to thank everyone for all the support, love and advice
given over the last year.  You are a very special group of people.

Hugs to everyone,
(and a special kiss from Mighty Mouse to Karen P. :) - she's grown all her
hair back and her U/S looked good, right adrenal normal and her fasting BG
is 112!!! - have to get you a pic :)) -she's also become Fat and Sassy
hehe :)

Michaela Maurice