From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 00:10:57 -0800
melissa -- i had a female chocolate named peanut who i rescued, along
with her longtime companion, pretzel.  the two of them carried on and
played.  peanut was the most adoring and adorable ferret i have ever
had.  she never hissed, never fought, nothing.  pretzel, on the other
hand, could be really agressive.  BUT THEN . . . the boys came.  i
rescued 2 males, one sable (joe) and one albino (lukie).  well, let me
tell you.  they met, peanut walked up quite calmly, and in retrospect,
in an awful, calculating way, gave this horrible scream and lunged at
lukie who was at least twice her size and half her age.  well, he
flipped, fluffed, squawked and ran and hid under the bed.  she continued
to be this way to both boys for a long time.  eventually she learned to
tolerate them and it warmed my heart one morning to wake up and see
peanut and lukie sleeping together.  perhaps it was because i told them
all they had no choice and had to get along.  i don't believe she
actually caused either boy any physical harm but that scream and the fact
that her body language was REALLY intense was enough.  i have never seen
that in a ferret, before, either, and i have had about 10 of them.
unfortunately, i lost peanut to cancer 8 months ago so i have no idea how
she would have reacted to my other three that i got after her.  one of
the funny things was even if the boys came near her and saw her they
would veer away.  what power for such a teeny ferret.  don't worry.  she
will be very agreesive and dominant but if you get a kit (or even an
older one) i think they'll be okay.

regarding iggy -- i have to smile.  i am glad that your story turned out
okay!  the screen with poop in the middle just really made me laugh.  it
is so ferrret like, isn't it?  hehehe.  i am glad your kids are okay and
happy!

bye.