From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:32:00 EDT
Alayne--Yes, most shelters do charge surrender fees when they can, but
that's not always possible.  If the person is just going to let the
ferret go in the woods rather than apy a surrender fee, then it wouldn't
be charged.  Ferrets dumped on vets, or pet stores of course they would
never be charged, although in my case we'd always ask the vet to throw
in a free rabies shot or the pet store to ante up a (insert something
usefulm be it a tube of Nutrical or a bag of litter, here).  I've never
been refused these requests.

Anne