From:
Angela Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:23:25 +0000
Hi, I joined this list recently in order to find out more about ferrets.
I've found load of information about care, health etc, but nothing on why a
ferret?

What is it about ferrets that attracts people to keeping them and what makes
them such great pets?  I'm really curious.  Currently I keep rats but
although they're wonderful pets they have such a short life (only 2 years).
From what I've read ferrets seem to have a similar curiosity and a much
longer life span.

However, are they destructive, do they smell still if they're neutered, do
you have to keep your eye on them all the time and do they suffer from
health problems?

I would really appreciate any replies and you can email me directly on

Thanks.